This page provides information about the IRS Office Fargo location.
IRS Office Fargo – 657 Second Ave. North Fargo, ND 58102
The IRS Office at Fargo is located is located in the Fargo federal building.
East on US 10: Head west on Main Avenue toward 2nd Street North, then take a right turn at the 1st cross-street onto 2nd Street North. After a quarter mile, turn left onto 1st Avenue North. Half a mile later, turn right onto Roberts Street North. After a few hundred feet, take a left turn onto 2nd Avenue North. The Federal Building will be on the right.
West on Main Avenue: Head east on Main Avenue toward S University Drive. Pass by McDonald’s on the left and after a while, take a left turn onto Broadway North. Then, a quarter mile later, take a left turn onto 2nd Avenue North. The Federal Building will be on the right.
North on Broadway North: Head south on Broadway North toward 7th Avenue North. Turn left at the cross-street that leads onto 6th Avenue North. A while later, take a left turn onto Roberts Street North. Then, turn right onto 2nd Avenue North. The Federal Building will be on the right.
South on Main Avenue: Head north on 4th Street North toward Northern Pacific Avenue. Before Radisson Hotel Fargo, turn left onto 2nd Avenue North. After the Roberts Street North intersection, the Federal Building will be on the right.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the N. Fargo IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This Federal Building offers a 90 minutes free parking window, however, there are paid parking arrangement inside this building premises. Apart from that, street parking and commercial parking arrangements are available within walking distance. 2nd Avenue North Lot is just around the corner of the Federal Building.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Security personnel at the entrance would ask for a government issued to ID to cross-check appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Assistance with questions about tax law changes in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is available year-round. See Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for more information.
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)
*Does not accept cash payments