This page provides information about the virtual assistance service provided by IRS for the residents of Farmington.
IRS Office Farmington (Virtual Assistance) – By Appointment Only
A taxpayer might receive taxpayers’ assistance provided by the Internal Revenue Service by using their virtual assistance service, using a computer. The experience is almost similar to talking face to face, except the conversation happens through a computer screen and the IRS employee would be sitting in a different location somewhere else. Upon confirmed appointment with the IRS office, the taxpayer would be allocated with a timeslot at the Virtual Assistance office. The taxpayer gets to sit in a workstation and talk to the employee appearing on screen.
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9.30 am to 4 pm. Apart from the defined schedule, this IRS Office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This IRS Office serves upon pre-confirmed appointment only. All taxpayers are required to take appointment by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 15 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Tax Topics)
- Form 911, request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (tax law or account assistance only)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
Services Not Available at this Location:
- Accept any payment (cash, check or money orders)
- Authenticate/verify taxpayer identity
- Departing alien clearance (Sailing Permits)
- Copies of tax returns and transcripts
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7, Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Pick up tax forms or order by mail