This page provides information about the IRS Office Fitchburg location.
IRS Office Fitchburg – 881 Main Street, Fitchburg, MA 01420
The Fitchburg IRS Office is located in Philip J. Philbin Federal Building at Main Street area. The building is named after a Democratic US Congressman Philip J. Philbin (1898-1972) from Massachusetts. The building is located 36 miles west of Boston. Construction of this building completed on 1973. This class B office building has an area of 135,000 GSF and 4 stories of which 3 are above ground and 1 below. The major tenant on this Federal Building is US Postal Service with 10 dock mailing platform and large work rooms; the other tenants are some federal agencies like the Sustainable Facilities Tool – General Service Administration, Social Security Administration, Veterans Health Administration etc.
East on Main Street: Head west on Main Street toward Water Street. The Federal Building will be on the right.
West on River Street: Head northeast on River Street toward Nockege Street. River Street turns right and becomes Main Street. Then, take a sharp left turn to stay on Main Street. After a while, the Federal Building will be on the right.
North on Mechanic Street: Head southwest on Mechanic Street toward Nichols Street. Take a left turn onto Main Street and continue for nearly 500 feet. Then, take a left sharp turn to stay on Main Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
South on South Street: Head north on South Street toward Samuel Street. Turn left onto Laurel Street which later becomes Kimball Street. Then, turn right onto Rollstone Street. After a while, turn left onto Main Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 1 pm to 2 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (978) 342-0016
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This federal building offers on-premises parking facility for the visitors to the offices/agencies located in this building.
All public visitors must pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required for gaining access and confirmation of appointment.
All public visitors must take appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments