This page provides information about the IRS Office Florence location.
IRS Office Florence – 401 W. Evans Street, Florence, SC 29501
The IRS Office at Florence is located in the McMillan Federal Building. It is a 3 story building with 28,500 square feet total floor space. The building was designed by ALR Architecture, PC. The major tenant at this location is the US Marshals. This building is comparatively a smaller one among the federal buildings, however the importance is no less. Some of the important locations nearby are – Florence District United Methodist, Florence Downtown Development, Folkens Law Firm, Parham Law Firm, Barnes Street Activity Center, Florence Electric Supply etc.
East on E Palmetto Street: Head west on E Palmetto Street. Turn right onto S McQueen Street/State Road S-21-546. Continue straight on this road, then turn left onto W Evans Street/State Road S-21-31. Continue for a while, the Federal Building will be on the right.
West on Palmetto Street: Head east on W Palmetto Street toward South Park Avenue. Turn left onto Warley Street and continue for a while. Then turn right onto W Evans Street/State Road S-21-31. The Federal Building will be on the left on this road.
North on Irby Street: Head south on N Irby Street toward W Darlington Street/State Road S21-167. Look for Evans Street signs and upon arrival, turn right onto W Evans Street. The Federal Building will be on the right on this road.
South on US-52/Irby Street: Head north S Irby Street toward W Pine Street/State Road S-21-1380. Look for W Evans Street in the left and upon arrival at the junction, turn left onto this road. The Federal Building will be on the right on this.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one hour lunch break from 11.30 am to 12.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (843) 664-8889
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This Federal Building offers parking spaces, although visitor parking may not be available. Metered parking streets are nearby, also there are other establishments nearby that offer parking facilities.
All public visitors must pass through several levels of electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments.