This page provides information about the IRS Office Fort Smith location.
IRS Office Fort Smith – 4905 Old Greenwood Road, Ft. Smith, AR 72903
The Fort Smith IRS Office is located in quite a prominent location, opposite to the Fort Smith Regional Airport and very close to the highway 71. Apart from noting down the close-by business and other locations, visitors could also take the cross road of S Zero Street and Old Greenwood Road as a reference point. Some of the neighboring locations are Ashley Furniture HomeStore, Abc Supply, Wholesale Electric Supply, FleetPride, GNB Industrial Power, Ben Geren Regional Park, Walmart Supercenter, and Floyd Traylor Honda etc. The IRS Office is a brick-colored one-story building, and IRS is the major tenant at this location.
East on AR-255N/S Zero Street: Head west on AR-255N/S Zero Street toward Park Entrance Loop. Take a right turn onto Old Greenwood Roade and after half a mile, the IRS Office will be on the right.
West on Phoenix Avenue: Head east on Phoenix Avenue toward Towson Avenue. Upon arrival, turn slightly right toward Old Greenwood Road. After a quarter mile, the IRS Office will be on the left.
North on I-540: Head south on Interstate 540 and leave the highway using exit 10 toward AR-45. Turn right onto Phoenix Avenue and after a quarter mile, turn left onto Old Greenwood Road using the left lane. The IRS Office will be on the left.
South on State Highway 45: Head northwest on State Highway 45 toward Brownwood Estates. Continue onto AR-253 North, then upon arrival at the ramp to I-40, merge onto I-540. Depart this highway using exit 10 for Greenwood Road toward Phoenix W/AR-45. Finally, turn right onto Old Greenwood Road. The IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 11.30 am to 12.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (479) 649-8602
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office provides on-premises public parking facility for the employees and visitors to this location.
All public visitors are required to pass through some electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors must take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments