This page provides information about the IRS Office Frederick location.
IRS Office Frederick – 201 Thomas-Johnson Drive, Frederick, MD 21702
The IRS Office at Frederick is in a 2 story building, located close to the Frederick Freeway. Some nearby businesses are Walgreens Pharmacy, Tim’s Auto Garage, Stauffer Funeral Home PA, Tim’s Auto Garage, Coinstar, M&T Bank Mortgage Division, Weis Church etc.
East on Interstate 70: Take these roads one by one – Interstate 70, US-40 W and US-15 N to Motter Avenue in Frederick; then exit through exit 16 from US-15N. Follow Motter Avenue and Opossumtown Pike to Thomas Johnson Drive. The IRS Office will be on the right.
West on McCain Drive: Head east on Baltimore National Pike/W Patrick Street toward Willowdale Drive. Merge onto US-15N by turning left toward Gettysburg. Then exit through exit 16 for Motter Avenue. Take a sharp right turn onto Motter Avenue and follow signs for Opossumtown Pike. Continue until Thomas Johnson Drive, then turn left. The IRS Office compound will be on the right.
North on US-15: Head south on US-15S and exit through exit 16 for Motter Avenue. Use the left lane to turn left onto Opossumtown Pike and continue for a quarter mile. Then turn left onto Thomas Johnson Drive. The IRS Office will be on the right.
South on Motter Avenue: Head north on Motter Avenue toward W 10th Street and continue straight on this road, then continue onto Opossumtown Pike. Take a left turn onto Thomas Johnson Drive; the IRS Office will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one hour lunch break from 11.30 am to 12.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at an IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This office provides on-premises public parking facility for the visitors.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required for confirmation of identity and appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments