This page provides information about the IRS Office Fresno CA location.
IRS Office Fresno – 2525 Capitol Street, Fresno, CA 93721
The IRS office at Fresno is located nearby Civic Center Square, opposite to US District Court, US Bankruptcy Clerk Office and close to Social Security Office of Disability. The same building is shared by Civic Center Square Incorporated, Honorable Brad Hill and few others. Being located very close to the California State Route 41, getting to this location is pretty straightforward.
East on CA-41: Head south and take the 127A exit onto O Street using the right lane. Then, turn right onto P Street and after a while, turn left onto Capitol Street. The IRS Office would be located on the right.
West on CA-99: While heading towards southwest on California State Route 99, take 132A for Ventura Street towards Kings Canyon Road. After a while, turn left onto Ventura Street and again
after a while, turn left again onto O Street. Find the 2nd cross street onto Capitol Street where the destination will be on the right.
North on CA-41: While heading south on Yosemite Freeway, take exit 127A for O Street by using the right lane. After a while P Street will be on the right turn, continue on P St for a while then turn left onto Capitol Street. Destination will be on the right.
South on CA-41: On Yosemite Freeway, head North and take the 126B exit for Van Ness Avenue toward Civic Center. Continue onto San Benito Street and keep on the right. The first cross street you come across, turn left onto O Street then turn right onto P Street. Finally, turn left onto Capitol Street where the destination is located on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at your local IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
Secure underground parking, spot availability not guaranteed. Metered parking lots are available on nearby streets, also a good number of commercial parking lots are located in walking distance.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
This office provides Facilitated Self Assistance (FSA), a self-assistance computer kiosk with an IRS employee available to assist you with navigating the IRS.gov website. With FSA, you can access the IRS.gov website to complete a number of IRS-related tasks or get more information on the following subjects:
- Free File program
- Forms & Publications
- Where’s My Refund?
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Tax law questions
- Online Employer Identification Number (EIN) Application
- Online Payment Agreement
- Electronic payments (Direct Pay and EFTPS)
If you've visited this office, feel free to leave a comment about any tips you have for other visitors. If any information on this page was incorrect, please let us know in the comment below so we can correct it.