This page provides information about the IRS Office Galesburg location.
IRS Office Galesburg – 2066 Windish Drive, Galesburg, IL 61401
Galesburg IRS Office is literally tiny, located in a quiet neighborhood of Galesburg city. Jason Wessels Park, Knox County Humane Society and Watson Funeral House are the business concerns that are located around the area. Optimist Park and Sandburg Mall are close, but not really within walking distance. The single storied cottage-like building houses two federal offices – IRS Office and Social Security Administration office.
East on Fremont Street: Head west and turn right onto Morton Avenue. After a while, the same Morton Avenue would turn left and become Walsh Avenue. However, after 200 feet make a right turn onto Himwich Drive then turn left onto Windish Drive where the destination will be on the left.
West on Carl Sandburg Drive: Head east toward Home Boulevard and make a right turn onto North Seminary Street. Then, turn left onto Mayo Drive and a little while after, turn right onto Windish Drive. The IRS Office will be on the right.
North on US-150: Head south toward North Lake Storey Road. Take the right lane to take the ramp leading toward Kewanee. Afterwards, take the Seminary Street exit. Turn left from Seminary Street onto Mayo Drive and continue for a while, then turn right onto Windish Drive. The IRS Office will be on the right on this road.
South on Henderson Street: Head north toward West Tompkins Street. Turn right onto West Dayton Street, then turn left onto North Seminary Street. Then turn right onto Walsh Avenue, after a while turn left onto Himwich Drive. Make a final left turn approach onto Windish Drive, the IRS Office will be on the left on this road.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. Lunch break for one hour during noon, from 11.30 am to 12.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (309) 315-5075
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
On-premises parking lot is available for public visitors to the IRS Office and Social Security Administration office.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Security personnel might ask for government issued IDs to verify identity and validate appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments