This page provides information about the IRS Office Grand Forks location.
IRS Office Grand Forks – 102 N. Fourth Street, Grand Forks, ND 58203
The IRS Office at Grand Forks is located by many other federal offices; however, the IRS Office building is a small 3-story building with a vintage appearance. The location is a busy downtown area with mostly business locations around. The location is very close to the Minnesota and North Dakota borders, so there are transit restaurants, tourist locations, and a whole bunch of separate businesses that revolve around borders. The same premise is shared with US District Court Judge. Neighboring areas, businesses, and locations that are worth remembering are US Social Security Administration, Grand Forks Central High School, Wells Fargo Bank, Alerus, Gate City bank, Dakota Commercial, US Bank Branch, Red River, Grand Forks Country District Court, Grand Forks Police Department etc.
East on Minnesota Avenue: Head southwest on Minnesota Avenue toward South 3rd Street. Take a right turn onto South 4th Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
West on University Avenue: Head east on University Avenue toward North 16th Street. Take a right turn onto N 4th Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
North on N Washington Street: Head southeast on N Washington Street. Look out for Gateway Drive and take a left turn onto this road. Then, little more than a quarter mile later, turn left onto Gateway Drive. Quarter to a mile later, turn right onto N 4th Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
South on Belmont Road: Head north on Belmont Road toward 9th Avenue South. Continue driving straight onto Division Avenue. Turn left onto S 4th Street and the IRS Office will be on the right.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (701) 746-5283
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office provides on-premise public parking facility in a limited arrangement. Street parking and commercial parking arrangements are available within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointment(s) prior to visiting, by calling the numbers provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Assistance with questions about tax law changes in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is available year-round. See Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for more information.
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)
*Does not accept cash payments