This page provides information about the IRS Office Grand Junction location.
IRS Office Grand Junction – 400 Rood Avenue, Grand Junction, CO 81505
The IRS Office at Grand Junction is located in the downtown of Grand Junction, one of the busiest locations in this city. This IRS Office is surround by the White Avenue to the north, Rood Avenue to the south, 5th Street to the east and N 4th Street to the west. Some other government offices alongside IRS are located here, namely U.S. Senator Mark Udall, US Army Corps of Engineers, US Labor Department, and US Probation & Parole Office. Some notable business locations around the Grand Junction IRS Office are United States Postal Services, Alpine Bank, Municipal Court, Mesa County Old Courthouse, US Bank Branch etc.
East on Grand Avenue: Head west on Grand Avenue toward N 12th Street. Take a left turn onto N 4th Street and continue, then turn left at the 2nd cross street onto Rood Avenue. The IRS Office building will be on the left.
West on Broadway: Head northeast on Broadway toward West Avenue and drive for half a mile. Then continue onto W Grand Avenue for half a mile and turn right onto N 4th Street. Then, turn left at the 2nd cross street onto Rood Avenue. The IRS Office will be on the left.
North on W Kennedy Avenue: Head south on N 1st Street toward Franklin Avenue. Turn left onto North Avenue and continue for a quarter mile, then turn right onto N 4th Street and continue for slightly more than half a mile. Then take a left turn onto Rood Avenue; the IRS Office will be on the left on this road.
South on W Kennedy Avenue: Head south on N 1st Street toward Franklin Avenue. Then turn left onto North Avenue and briefly after, turn right onto N 4th Street. Finally, turn left onto Roods Avenue; the IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one hour lunch break at noon from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (970) 241-6265
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This place has a small parking lot around the building, and street parking facility as well. Visitors can park their vehicles at the church parking lot as well.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments