This page provides information about the IRS Office Great Falls location.
IRS Office Great Falls – 11 5th Street North, Great Falls, MT 59401
The Great Falls IRS office is located in a busy downtown area at Great Falls, conveniently located in between the 5th Street North and 6th Street North, and 1st Avenue North and Central Avenue. The office building is a 3-story office compound with other businesses located in the same premises. The building is very simple and straightforward, just like any other office building of similar classification would be. Blend’s Copy Shop and Boland Aarab PLLP are two prominent tenants on this building other than the IRS. Plenty of other business locations co-reside within the same neighborhood, namely some are – Stockman Bank, Great Falls City Parking Ramp, Violation Management Service, Kaufmans Menswear Centre, Guitars of Montana, Cascade County Treasurer, US Post Office etc. The Missouri River falls by this place, the nearest shore is located at 5 to 10 minutes of walking distance away. The Great Falls International Airport is quite a long driving distance though.
East on 2nd Avenue North: Head west on 2nd Avenue North toward 13th Street North. Upon arrival at the 5th Street cross-street, take a left turn onto 5th Street North. After driving a while, the IRS Office will be on the left.
West on Central Avenue West: Head east on Central Avenue West toward 5th Street West toward 5th Street Southwest. Continue driving onto 1st Avenue North and continue for half a mile. Then, take a right turn onto 5th Street North. The IRS Office premises will be on the left.
North on 9th Street North: Head south on 9th Street North. Upon arrival, take a right turn onto 2nd Avenue North. After a quarter mile or so, take a left turn onto 5th Street North. The IRS Office building will be on the left.
South on 6th Street South: Head north on 6th Street South toward 8th Avenue South. Upon arrival at the 2nd Avenue North, take a left turn onto this road. Few hundred feet later, take a left turn at the 1st cross street onto 5th Street North. After a while, the IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 11.30 am to 12.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (406) 761-8095
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office does not provide a dedicated parking lot adjacent to the building. However, some on-street parking spots are reserved in front of the building and there are commercial parking arrangements within walking distance to this building
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment and security screening procedures. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointment(s) prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)
*Does not accept cash payments