This page provides information about the IRS Office Greenville location.
IRS Office Greenville – 440 Roper Mountain Road, Greenville, SC 29615
Northeast on Interstate 85: Head southwest on I-85 South. Exit the interstate through exit 51 to merge onto I-385N toward Greenville. Continue for a mile and a half, then use the right lane to take exit 37 for Roper Mountain Road. Then use the 2nd from the right lane to turn right onto S-23-183/S-23-548/Roper Mountain Road. The IRS Office will be on the right.
Northwest on I-385: Head southeast on I-385. Leave the highway using exit 37 for Roper Mountain Road. Turn left onto S-23-183S/S-23-548/Roper Mountain Road. The IRS Office compound will be on the right.
Southwest on Interstate 85: Take I-85 N, exit through 51C then take I-385 to S-23-183/S-23-548/Roper Mountain Road. Exit the interstate through exit 37, then drive for a while. Use the 2nd from the right lane to turn right onto S-23-183/S-23-548/Roper Mountain Road. The IRS Office will be on the right.
South on Interstate 385: Head north on I-385. Stay on this highway until exit 37, then use exit 37 for Roper Mountain Road. After a while, use the 2nd from the right lane to turn right onto S-23-183/S-23-548/Roper Mountain Road. The IRS Office will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (864) 286-7095
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Greenville IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This IRS office has free parking on premises.
All public visitors are required to pass through electrical security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)