This page provides information about the IRS Office Haggerstown location.
IRS Office Hagerstown – 1260 Maryland Avenue, Hagerstown, MD 21740
The IRS Office at Hagerstown is comparatively a smaller one, located close to the Dwight D Eisenhower Highway. Being located close to a prominent landmark the Doubs Woods Park, there’s no chance a new visitor would miss out this office on their way here. Other than IRS, this office houses 3 other federal agencies – Farm Service Agency, Natural Resources Conservation Service and Rural Development. Some nearby locations to this IRS office are South Hagerstown High School, Monkey Joe’s – Hagerstown, Hagerstown Premium Outlets etc.
East on Dwight D Eisenhower Highway: Head west on Interstate 70W and exit through exit 29 for MD-65 toward Sharpsburg/Hagerstown. Then turn right onto MD-65N and follow signs for Hagerstown/Prime Outlets Boulevard. Turn left onto W Oak Ridge Drive, then turn right onto Maryland Avenue. The IRS Office will be on the right.
West on Interstate 70: Head west on Interstate 70 and exit the I-70 through exit 28 for MD-632 toward Hagerstown/Downsville. Turn left onto MD-632N and after a while the IRS Office will be on the right.
North on Burhans Boulevard: Head southwest on S Burhans Boulevard toward Business Center Drive and continue straight onto W Wilson Boulevard. Then, turn right onto Maryland Avenue and continue until the IRS Office compound is on the left.
South on MD-65: Head north on MD-65N/Sharpsburg Pike toward Rench Road, then continue to follow MD-65N. Take a left turn onto W Oak Ride Drive and continue for half a mile, then turn right onto Maryland Avenue. After a quarter mile, the IRS Office compound will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one hour lunch break from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (240) 382-6925
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office provides on-premises public parking facility for the visitors to this office.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required for confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)