This page provides information about the IRS Office New York (Harlem) location.
IRS Office New York (Harlem) – 2283 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10035.
New York being one of the largest and busiest cities in the United States, gets to have multiple Internal Revenue Service offices to meet the higher demands of taxpayers willing to get their files done and dusted. The office is close to Dream Street Park and few of the notable workplaces around are Demolition Depot and Irreplaceable Artifacts, Exodus Transitional Community, Harlem Vets Community etc. The Harlem River is within walking distance.
East on Robert F. Kennedy Bridge: Take the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge to East 123rd Street in Manhattan. Turn right onto East 123rd Street and turn right at the first cross street onto 3rd Avenue. Then, turn right again at the 1st cross street at 124th Street where the destination will be on the left.
West on 116th Street: Head southeast on 116th Street toward Lenox Avenue/Malcolm X Boulevard. Turn right onto 3rd Avenue, then turn right onto East 124th Street.
North on Harlem Park Avenue: Head southwest on exit 20 toward Park Avenue and merge onto Park Avenue. Turn left onto East 124th Street where the destination will be on the left.
South on 3rd Avenue: Head northeast on 3rd Avenue toward East 110th Street/Tito Puente Way and turn right onto East 124th Street. The destination will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (646) 672 – 5682
Appointment: (844) 545 – 5640
Free parking at New York City could be an issue. However, there are metered parking streets and commercial parking lots around the IRS Office, could be little expensive. Bring extra coins to feed the meters!
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Security personnel would ask for government issued IDs to verify identity and validate appointment.
Public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments