***The IRS has temporarily closed all Taxpayer Assistance Centers and discontinued face-to-face service throughout the country until further notice. The IRS is continuing to process tax returns, issue refunds and help taxpayers to the greatest extent possible. ***
This page provides information about the IRS office Harlingen location.
IRS Office Harlingen – 1810 Hale Ave, Harlingen, TX 78550
This IRS office is located in a commercial office building. Star Point II was recently finished in March 2005. This one story building is located one block away from Ed Carey Drive. Star Point II has a functional layout and plenty of parking space.
The building is located minutes from expressway 77/83, right off of Ed Carey in Harlingen.
Hours: Monday-Friday – 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.*
*federal holiday schedule
Phone: (956) 365-5185
Parking is available in the office building parking lot.
Security is enforced at most federal offices. You may have to pass through a metal detector, and your bags will go through an x-ray machine.
If you require face-to-face service at the Harlingen IRS office, call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 15 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Tax forms (based on availability)