This page provides information about the IRS Office Harrisburg location.
IRS Office Harrisburg – 228 Walnut Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101
On the same building with IRS Office in Harrisburg, the United States District Court: Middle District of Pennsylvania is situated. Or it is the other way around, the IRS Office is located on the US District Court building. Apart from these two, other major tenants are the US Agricultural Department and US Bankruptcy Clerk. That is a good number of federal offices on one building! Other than these, Revenue Department, Capital Area School for the Arts Charter School, Fitness U, Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts etc. are located nearby.
East on Market Street: Head west toward Evergreen Street. The street continues for a while then turns right and become North 5th Street. Turn left onto Walnut Street and the IRS Office will be on the left.
West on Harvey Taylor Bridge: Head east toward Capital Area Greenbelt and keep following through the Forester Court. Turn right onto North 3rd Street and then turn right onto Walnut Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
North on PA-230 East: Head south toward Dauphin Street. Turn right onto Herr Street, then left onto North 7th Street. Continue straight and stay on North 7th Street, then continue on Walnut Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
South on Cameron Street: Head west toward South Cameron Street. Turn left onto Market Street which would later turn right and become North 5th Street. After that, turn left onto Walnut Street and the IRS Office will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm with a one-hour lunch break from 12 pm to 1 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (717) 777-9650
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
No public parking facility available on-premises. Parking meters are placed on the streets adjacent to the building and commercial parking lots are available within walking distance. Parking might be expensive during rush hours.
All public visitors are required to walk through multiple stages of electronic security equipment. Security personnel would ask for government issued IDs to verify identity and validate appointment. Entry may not be allowed without a valid ID card.
All public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments