This page provides information about the IRS Office Hattiesburg location.
IRS Office Hattiesburg – 701 North Main Street, Hattiesburg, MS 39401
The Hattiesburg IRS Office is located in the William M. Colmer Federal Building & United States Courthouse at North Main Street. This 3-story Federal Building is built in the brutalism architectural concept. The United States Courthouse is the major tenant agency at this location, there are other agencies located on this building as well and IRS is one of them. The busy downtown location has everything necessary within walking distance – hotels, restaurants, bus and train stoppages, parks, different offices, banks etc. Some of the nearby locations close to the Hattiesburg IRS Office are Forrest County Administrator, Historic Hattiesburg Downtown Association, Forrest County Justice Court, Main Street United Methodist, Hattiesburg Fire Department, Forrest County Constables, Forrest County Circuit Clerk’s Office, US Post Office, Hattiesburg Station, Hawkins Elementary School, Library of Hattiesburg etc.
East on E Hardy Street: Head west on E Hardy Street toward Klondyke Street. The road turns right and becomes River Avenue, continue on River Avenue. Then turn left onto Buschman Street. After a quarter mile, turn right onto Main Street. The Federal Building will be on the right.
West on 4th Street: Head east on W 4th Street toward Stadium Drive. Then turn right onto Main Street and continue, the Federal Building will be on the left on this road.
North on US-11: Head southwest on US-11 S toward W Central Avenue. Upon arriving at E Pine Street, turn right onto E Pine Street. Then half a mile later, turn right onto Main Street. The Federal Building will be on the right.
South on Edwards Street: Head north on Edwards Street toward Duke Avenue. Take a left turn onto James Street/Old Highway 49. Turn slight left onto Hall Avenue, then immediately turn right onto Bay Street. Half a mile later, continue onto Main Street. The Federal Building will be on the right.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 12 pm to 1 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at an IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This building has an on-premises parking lot available behind the building. Metered street parking spaces are also located adjacent to the building.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments