This page provides information about the IRS Office Hauppage location.
IRS Office Hauppauge – 1180 Veterans, Memorial Highway, Hauppauge, NY 11788
The Internal Revenue Service office at Hauppauge is located right next to New York State Route 454. The office is surrounded by industries, eateries, offices, banks and educational institutes. Reaching the destination is fairly easy by public or personal transportation.
East on South Bedford Avenue: Head west on Expressway Drive/Long Island Expressway North Service Road. Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto NY-454 west. After a quarter miles, make a U-turn at MacArthur Boulevard.
West on I-495 East: Head east and take exit 57 toward NY-454/Commack/Patchogue. Merge onto Express Drive South/Long Island Expressway South Service Road. Turn left onto Long Island Motor Parkway/Motor Parkway. Turn left at the 1st cross street onto Expressway Drive North/Long Island Expressway North Service Road. Turn right onto MacArthur Boulevard, then another right onto NY-454.
North on Veterans Memorial Highway: Head east toward Harned Road and turn right onto it. Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto NY-454 East, then continue straight onto NY-347/NY-454 East. Keep right to continue on NY-454 East. Destination will be on the right.
South on I-495 East: Follow Sagtikos Parkway and I-495 East to Express Drive South/Long Island Expressway South Service Road in Hauppauge. Take exit from I-495 and take the MacArthur Boulevard to NY-454.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (631) 851-4726
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
Metered parking streets and commercial parking lots are available nearby, within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Security personnel at the entrance would ask for government issued IDs to verify identity and validate appointment.
Public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments