This page provides information about the IRS Office Hickory location.
IRS Office Hickory – 1930 3rd Avenue Lane SE, Hickory, NC 28602
East on Tate Boulevard: Head west on Tate Boulevard toward McDonald Parkway. Take a left turn onto 19th Street, then take another left turn onto 3rd Avenue Lane.
West on Tate Boulevard: Head east on Tate Boulevard toward 9th Lane. Turn right onto 19th Street, then a left turn onto 3rd Avenue Lane.
North on McDonald Parkway: Head south on McDonald Parkway toward 23rd Street Drive. Take a right turn onto Tate Boulevard, then turn left onto 19th Street. Take a final left turn onto 3rd Avenue Lane.
South on Lenoir Rhyne Boulevard: Head north on Lenoir Rhyne Boulevard toward 11th Avenue Boulevard. Turn right onto 9th Avenue. After a while, 9th Avenue would turn slightly left and become 15th Street. Continue, then turn right onto Tate Boulevard. Turn right onto 19th Street, then take a final left turn onto 3rd Avenue Lane.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break during 11.30 am to 12.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Hickory IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
On-premises parking facility is available for public visitors to this place.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required for identity and appointment confirmation.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments