This page provides information about the IRS Office Idaho Falls location.
IRS Office Idaho Falls – 1820 E. 17th Street, Idaho Falls, ID 83404
The IRS Office at Idaho is located in the busy downtown area of Idaho, almost 20 minutes of driving distance from the Idaho Regional Airport, split by the Snake River in-between. The office location is adjacent to the Balboa Drive, in-between Hoopes Avenue and S Woodruff Avenue. The office is a small house in an open compound, smaller than many other IRS offices but make no mistake, this office is no less functional than the others. Locations close to this IRS Office are US Army Recruiting Office Idaho Falls, Christ the King Catholic Church, Bank of Commerce, Extreme Staffing – Idaho Falls, Apple Athletic Club Tennis, Courtyard Apartments, and AutoZone etc.
East on E 17th Street: Head west on E 17th Street toward Curlew Drive. Drive by the KeyBank, then the IRS Office will be on the right after 0.3 miles.
West on E 17th Street: Head east on E 17th Street toward June Avenue. After passing the S Woodruff Avenue cross-street, the IRS Office will be on the right.
North on S Woodruff Avenue: Head south on S Woodruff Avenue toward 12th Street. After passing-by AutoZone, take a left turn onto E 17th Street. The IRS Office will be on the right, after Balboa Drive.
South on S Woodruff Avenue: Head north on S Woodruff Avenue toward 25th Street. Take a right turn onto E 17th Street, and after crossing Balboa Drive the IRS Office will be on the right.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 12 pm to 1 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at your local IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
All public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This office has on-premises public parking facility.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
If you've visited this office, feel free to leave a comment about any tips you have for other visitors. If any information on this page was incorrect, please let us know in the comment below so we can correct it.