This page provides information about the IRS Office Indianapolis location.
IRS Office Indianapolis – 575 N. Pennsylvania Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204
Indianapolis IRS Office is situated in Minton-Capehart Federal Building at Pennsylvania Street in the central business district of Indianapolis. This eight-story building is named after two former US Senators, Sherman Minton and Homer Earl Capehart. The Birch Bayh Federal Building and US Courthouse is located only few blocks away, these two Federal Buildings are really close. This building features a mural called Color Fuses by Milton Glaser. There had been a restoration project funded by Recovery-Act in December 2012. Minton-Capehart Federal Building has earned an Energy Star designation in 2012 for efficient consumption of power. The major tenants on this building are IRS, The Veterans Administration and The Social Security Administration. The other tenants are Department of Homeland Security, Department of Transportation, Drug Enforcement Agency, General Services Administration, National Labor Relations Board and Treasure Inspector General for Tax Administration. Some important nearby locations are Obelisk Square, Indy Performance Authority, Indiana World War Memorial, Regions Bank etc.
East on Michigan Street: Head west on E Michigan Street toward N College Avenue. Then turn right onto N Delaware Street and continue for a little while before turning little onto North Street. Finally, turn left onto N Pennsylvania Street. The Federal Building will be on the left on this road.
West on New York Street: Head east on New York Street toward Illinois Street. Turn left at the 1st cross street onto N Illinois Street. Then, turn right onto W North Street. Finally, turn right onto N Pennsylvania Street. The Federal Building will be on the left.
North on Interstate 65: Head south on Interstate 65 S. Exit through 113 toward Meridian Street and continue onto 11th Street. Turn right onto N Pennsylvania Street; the Federal Building will be on the left.
South on Interstate 70: Head north on I-65/I-70 and keep left at the fork to continue on I-65. Exit through 113 toward Meridian Street/Pennsylvania Street. Then turn left onto N Pennsylvania Street. The Federal Building will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (317) 685-7500
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
The on-site parking is only available for the tenant agencies. Visitors need to park their vehicles on the metered parking streets or the commercial parking lots and garages nearby.
All public visitors must pass through multiple levels of electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required for gaining access to the building and confirmation of appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)