This page provides information about the IRS Office Jackson location.
IRS Office Jackson – 109 South Highland, Jackson, TN 38301
Jackson IRS Office is located in downtown Jackson City.
East on Chester Street: Head west on E Chester Street. Then, turn right onto S Highland Avenue. The IRS Office building will be on the left.
West on US-45 BYP: Head east on US-45 BYP. Upon arrival at the S Highland Avenue, turn left onto S Highland Avenue and continue driving. The IRS Office will be on the left on this road.
North on W Deaderick Street: Head south on N Highland Avenue toward W Orleans Street. Continue driving, the IRS Office building will be on the right on this road.
South on Highland Avenue: Head north on S Highland Avenue toward Martin Luther King Jr Drive. After Chester Street, the IRS Office building will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm with a one-hour lunch break from noon to 1 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (731) 423-2441
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Jackson IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This office provides some on-premises parking for visitors. Metered parking and commercial parking lots are also available within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments