This page provides information about the IRS Office Jamestown location
IRS Office Jamestown – 201 West Third Street, Jamestown, NY 14701
IRS Office at Jamestown is located exactly opposite to Jamestown Train Station. Chadakoin River flows nearby. There are few other important offices around the block like the Department of Motor Vehicles, Jamestown Board of Public Utilities etc. An eatery named Shawbucks is just around the corner of the IRS office.
East on Willard Street: Head west toward Wescott Street and turn right onto Winsor Street. Turn left onto 6th street after quarter to a mile distance, then turn left onto Washington Street. Turn right onto West 3rd Street where the destination will be on the right.
West on Fairmount Avenue: Head east toward Cook Avenue. Contonie onto West 6th Street, the 5th Street and then turn right onto Clinton Street. Immediately after, turn left onto West 3rd Street.
North on Washington Street: Head south on Washington Street toward 9th Street. After few hundred feet, turn right onto West 3rd Street where the destination will be on the left.
South on Washington Street: Head west and turn left onto Federal Alley, keep an eye open for the signs. Then, turn left onto Lafayette Street and after around 150 feet, turn right onto West 3rd Street. The destination will be on the left.
IRS Office at Jamestown operates under different office hours, unlike most other IRS Office locations. The hours are –
- Tuesday 12 pm – 4.30 pm
- Wednesday 8.30 am – 4.30 pm
- Thursday 8.30 am – 12 pm
There’s a lunch break for 1 hour during 1 pm – 2 pm.
Information: (716) 961-5100
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
Metered parking streets and commercial parking lots are available nearby, many of them within walking distance. Jamestown Train Station has a parking lot as well.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment.
Since this office only operates three days a week, public visitors need to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments