This page provides information about the virtual assistance facility provided by IRS for the residents of Jefferson City, Missouri.
IRS Office Jefferson City – Virtual Assistance (Appointment Only)
A taxpayer might receive assistance provided by an IRS employee in a remote office using a computer monitor. The experience is almost similar to talking face to face except the employee is located in a different location. Upon appointment, a workstation at the IRS virtual assistance remote office is allocated for the taxpayers. The taxpayer gets to sit at the workstation and talk to the employee that appears on screen.
Monday and Friday 9 am to 2 pm, with a one-hour lunch break at noon from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm.
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This IRS remote office provides service only on appointment basis. All taxpayers must take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 15 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911,Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (tax law or account assistance only)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
Services Not Available at this Location:
- Accept any payment (cash, check or money orders)
- Authenticate/verify taxpayer identity
- Departing alien clearance (Sailing Permits)
- Copies of tax returns and transcripts
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7, Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Pick up tax forms or order by mail