This page provides information about the IRS Office Johnson City location.
IRS Office Johnson City – 2513 Wesley Street, Johnson City, TN 37601
East on Lakeview Drive: Head west on E Lakeview Drive toward Lake Drive exit. Then turn right onto E Oakland Avenue, then a little later turn left onto Silverdale Drive. After half a mile later, turn right onto Princeton Road. Finally, turn left onto Wesley Street. The Wesley Plaza will be on the left.
West on Oakland Avenue: Head east on E Oakland Avenue toward Creekmore Drive. Continue straight on this road, then turn right onto Princeton Road. Finally, make a right turn onto Wesley Street. The IRS Office (Wesley Plaza) will be on the left.
North on Austin Springs Road: Head southwest on S Austin Springs Road toward Austin Village Boulevard. Continue until Oakland Avenue, then turn right onto Oakland Avenue. Take a left turn onto Princeton Road and drive for a while. Then, turn right onto Wesley Street. The Wesley Plaza will be on the left.
South on N Roan Street: Head north on N Roan Street toward Mockingbird Lane. Turn right onto Princeton Road, then continue straight to stay on this very same road. Finally, turn left onto Wesley Street and the Wesley Plaza will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 11.30 am to 12.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (423) 610-7050
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Johnson City IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This place offers on-premises parking for visitors to this place.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required for confirmation of identity and appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments.