This page provides information about the IRS Office Jonesboro Virtual Assistance facility.
IRS Office Jonesboro Virtual Assistance – By Appointment Only
As the brick and mortar Jonesboro IRS Office was closed, IRS now offers virtual assistance service for the residents of Jonesboro. A taxpayer could receive Taxpayers’ Assistance in a remote IRS office using a computer monitor. The experience is almost similar to talking face to face, except the IRS employee is sitting in a different location far away. Upon confirmed appointment, a timeslot would be allocated for the taxpayer and he/she get to sit at a designated workstation during the allocated time; and talk to the IRS employee appearing on screen.
Tuesday from 8.30 am to 10.30 am; Wednesday from 8.30 am to 11.30 am.
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office provides services on appointment-only basis. All taxpayers must take an appointment before paying a visit.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 15 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Tax Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (tax law or account assistance only)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Services Not Available at this Location:
Accept any payment (cash, check or money orders)
- Authenticate/verify taxpayer identity
- Departing alien clearance (Sailing Permits)
- Copies of tax returns and transcripts
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7, Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Pick up tax forms or order by mail