This page provides information about the IRS Office Kansas City location.
IRS Office Kansas City – Union Station, 30 W. Pershing Road, Kansas City MO 64108
The IRS Office in Kansas City is located inside the popular historic place the Kansas City Union Station. This station was operational as a union station during the timeline between 1914 and 1985. The station replaced a small Union Depot from 1878 back in the days. However, the station was restored in 1996 under a public/private partnership. Then it was reopened for public in 1999 as a series of museums, public attractions and few offices. Major attractions here are United States Postal Service, Model Rail Experience, The Arvin Gottlieb Planetarium, Kansas City Election Board, Monument History Exhibit etc. Some nearby federal, business and historic locations are Regus – Missouri, US National Archives – Records, Missouri Korean War Veterans Memorial, National World War I Museum and Memorial, The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center etc.
East on E 27th Street and E Pershing Road: Head west on E 27th Street toward Campbell Street. Turn right onto Gillham Road, then take a slight left onto E Pershing Road. Half a mile later, turn right onto Union Station Kansas City compound.
West on Avenida Cesar E Chavez: Take Summit Street to W 25th Street. After a short while, turn left at the 2nd cross street onto W 25th Street. Then drive through W Pershing Road and turn left for Union Station Kansas City.
North on Broadway Boulevard: Head south on Broadway Boulevard and exit through 1D toward W 20th Street. Take a left turn onto W 20th Street, then turn right onto Broadway Boulevard. Continue on this road then turn left onto W Pershing Road. Little while later turn left at Kessler Road. Take two prompt turns – first right, then left. Union Station Kansas City should be ahead.
South on Main Street: Head north on Main Street toward Warwick Trafficway. Then turn left onto W Pershing. Finally turn right onto Union Station Kansas City.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (816) 966-2840
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This place offers a 4-level parking for the visitors. The Youth Plaza and Triangle Lot parking costs between $5 and $5 whereas the West Yards Parking Garage costs between $3 and $12. Overnight parking is allowed in the latter.
All public visitors are required to pass through several stages of electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments