This page provides information about the IRS Office Knoxville location.
IRS Office Knoxville – 710 Locust Street, Knoxville, TN 37902
The Knoxville IRS Office is located in the John Duncan Federal Office Building in downtown Knoxville.
East on Summit Hill Drive SE: Head west on Summit Hill Drive SE toward Nelson Avenue. Then, turn left onto Locust Street SW. The IRS Office will be on the left.
West on Interstate 40: Head east on I-40 and take exit 388 to merge onto Henley Street. Turn left onto W Church Avenue, then after reaching the 1st cross street turn right onto Locust Street SW. The IRS Office will be on the left.
North on Broadway: Head south toward Emory Place and continue onto Henley Street. Turn left onto W Church Avenue then after few hundred feet take a right turn at the 1st cross street onto Locust Street SW. The IRS Office will be on the left.
South on US-441 Highway: Head north toward Fort Avenue and take a right turn onto W Church Avenue. After crossing the 1st cross street turn right onto Locust Street SW. The Federal Building will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (865) 329-4600
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Knoxville IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This office does not provide on-site public parking facility for visitors. Metered parking streets are close to the building. Locust Street Garage and SP+ Parking 414 West Church Avenue are two of the nearest commercial garages within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to pass through multiple levels of electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is mandatory for gaining access to the building, confirmation of identity and appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments.
2 thoughts on “IRS Office Knoxville”
Can i get imformations on where i worked and when from the IRS office in Knoxville Tennessee.
I missed the deadline for filing Form 8868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File an Exempt Organization Return. I will go ahead and send it in with an acknowledgement that it is late. My question: is there a penalty for late filing?