This page provides information about the IRS Office Knoxville location.
IRS Office Knoxville – 710 Locust Street, Knoxville, TN 37902
The Knoxville IRS Office is located in John Duncan Federal Office Building alongside other federal agencies. The building was built in 1988 and it bagged the LEED Award on January, 2007. This Federal Building with 172,683 Sqft of space is owned by US General Services Administration. The tenant agencies on this building are Knoxville MEPS, Lshaun M Powell PMP, US Alcohol Tobacco & Firearms, US Customs Services, TSR Inc, US Housing & Urban Development Department, US Labor Department and US Personnel Management Office; other than IRS. Friends of the Knox County Public Library, University of Tennessee, Hilton Knoxville and St John’s Cathedral etc. are some of the important nearby places. This place is surrounded by good places to eat.
East on Summit Hill Drive SE: Head west on Summit Hill Drive SE toward Nelson Avenue. Then, turn left onto Locust Street SW. The IRS Office will be on the left.
West on Interstate 40: Head east on I-40 and take exit 388 to merge onto Henley Street. Turn left onto W Church Avenue, then after reaching the 1st cross street turn right onto Locust Street SW. The IRS Office will be on the left.
North on Broadway: Head south toward Emory Place and continue onto Henley Street. Turn left onto W Church Avenue then after few hundred feet take a right turn at the 1st cross street onto Locust Street SW. The IRS Office will be on the left.
South on US-441 Highway: Head north toward Fort Avenue and take a right turn onto W Church Avenue. After crossing the 1st cross street turn right onto Locust Street SW. The Federal Building will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (865) 329-4600
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office does not provided on-site public parking facility for the general visitors. Metered parking streets are close to the building. Locust Street Garage and SP+ Parking 414 West Church Avenue are two of the nearest commercial garages within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to pass through multiple levels of electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is mandatory for gaining access to the building, confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors must take appointments at least one week prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments.