This page provides information about the IRS Office La Crosse location.
IRS Office La Crosse – 425 State Street, La Crosse, WI 54601
La Crosse IRS Office is located in a two-story office building compound with 88,000 square feet of total space. The IRS Office operates at the 2nd level of this office, there are a handful of other offices and agencies located here. The neighboring offices/agencies are – Defense Logistics Agency, La Crosse Area Local/APWU, LaCrosse-Wisconsin.com, Main Street Home Inspections Services LLC., Music Mix of La Crosse and United States Postal Service. This office is located in a busy business area in the downtown and neighboring locations are Associated Bank, Rivoli Theatre and Pizzeria, La Crosse County Administrator, La Crosse County Dept. of Land Conservation, La Crosse County Clerk, La Crosse County Courthouse, US Bank etc.
East on Main Street: Head west on Main Street toward 9th Street South. Turn right at the 3rd cross street onto 7th Street. Then take a left turn at the 1st cross street onto State Street, the IRS Office building will be on the right.
West on Cameron Avenue: Head southeast on Cameron Avenue toward 3rd Street South. Turn left onto 4th Street South using any lanes, then continue driving for a while. Turn right onto State Street and the IRS Office compound will be on the left.
North on 3rd Street: Head south on 3rd Street N toward 2nd Street N. Then turn left onto State Street and continue driving, the IRS Office compound will be on the left.
South on 4th Street: Head north on 4th Street S toward Cass Street. Then turn right onto State Street and continue driving, the IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one hour lunch break at noon from 12 pm to 1 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (608) 785-0246
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office provides on-premises parking facility. There is a parking lot opposite to the IRS Office building and there’s street parking facility as well.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments