This page provides information about the IRS Office LaVale location.
IRS Office LaVale – 14701 National Highway, LaVale, MD 21502
East on Interstate 68: Head southwest in I-68W and take the 2nd from the right lane to exit through exit 39 for US-40 Alt toward La Vale. Turn left onto US-40 Alt W and continue driving. The IRS Office will be on the right.
West on US-40 ALT: Head east on US-40 Alt and keep driving. The IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 2 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (301) 729-6397
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at an IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This office provides on-premises public parking.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card might be required for confirmation of identity and appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments