This page provides information about the IRS Office Lexington location.
IRS Office Lexington – 1500 Leestown Road, Lexington, KY 40511
The IRS Office at Lexington is located in a 3 story office building called the Bakhaus Building.
East on Winchester Road: Head west on Winchester Road toward Eastland Parkway. Continue straight to stay on Winchester Road, then use the left 2 lanes to turn slightly left onto Midland Avenue. After a while, turn right onto E Main Street. Continue straight onto W Main Street for one and a half miles, then continue onto Leestown Road. The IRS Office will be on the left on this road.
West on Versailles Road, KY-4N: Head east on Versailles Road. Take the right lane to merge onto KY-4N/New Circle Road via the ramp to I-75/I-64. Then to exit this highway, take exit 7 for US-421 toward Frankfort/Lexington. Make a right turn onto US-421/Leestown Road. The IRS Office will be on the right on this road.
North on Georgetown Road: Head south on Georgetown Road toward Capstone Drive. Turn right to merge onto KY-4W/US-421 BYP North. Then use exit 7 for US-421/Leestown Road toward Lexington/Frankfort. Then make a left turn onto US-421 S/Leestown Road. The IRS Office will be on the right on this road.
South on Nicholasville Road: Head north on Nicholasville Road toward Forest Park Road. Then, continue onto S Limestone for quarter to a mile. Keep driving straight to stay on S Limestone. After a while, use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto W Main Street. Continue straight to stay on W Main Street for one and a half miles. Continue onto Leestown Road, the IRS Office will be on the left on this road.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. Closed for lunch from noon – 1 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at an IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This building provides on-premises public parking facility for the visitors to the tenant agencies/offices.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments
4 thoughts on “IRS Office Lexington”
How can I contact anyone just to ask for an official letter from the IRS with my EIN #?
You can try the IRS Business & Specialty Tax Line at 800-829-4933.
After talking was transferred to several “get more information” offices–I gave up after on hold after 1 hr 40 minutes! So now back at beginning of the merry-go-around …
my case indeed