This page provides information about the IRS Office Louisville location.
IRS Office Louisville – 600 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Place, Louisville, KY 40202
The IRS Office at Louisville is located in the Romano Mazzoli Federal Building at Louisville-Jefferson County. The federal building stands 11 floor tall, 44.05 meters high. This federal building’s construction started in 1968 and finished in 1969. Concrete is used for the primary construction material, concrete and limestone for the façade material, and the building adopted the modernism architectural style. Being a federal building, pretty much all the offices here are government offices. Some of the tenants here are Children’s Choice Learning Center, US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Louisville MEPS, Kentucky District Office, and the IRS. Some nearby locations are Immigration and Customs Enforcements, WHAS11 News, Jefferson Community & Technical College, Social Security Office, US Attorney etc.
East on Broadway: Head west on E Broadway toward S Jackson Street. Upon arrival at S 7th Street, turn right onto S 7th Street. Drive for a quarter mile, turn right onto W Chestnut Street. The Federal Building will be on the right.
West on S 23rd Street: Head east on W Chestnut Street toward S 22nd Street. Look out on the right as the Federal Building will be on that side.
North on I-64: Head southeast on I-65S, this route has tolls before entering Kentucky. Take the right lane to take exit 137 to merge onto I-64W toward St. Louis. Farther ahead, use the 2nd lane from the right lane to stay on I-64W. Take exit 4 for 9th street and continue onto S 9th Street/Roy Wilkins Avenue. Then turn left onto W Chestnut Street, the IRS Office will be on the right on this road.
South on I-65N: Head north on I-65 North. Take exit 136A toward Broadway/Chestnut Street. Turn left onto E Jacob Street, then take a right turn onto S 2nd Street. After a while, turn left at the 1st cross-street onto W Broadway. Continue for half a mile, then turn right onto S 7th Street for a quarter mile. Then, turn right onto W Chestnut Street, the IRS Office will be on the right on this road.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (502) 912-5060
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
There’s a large surface level parking lot available behind the Federal Building. Also, the Federal Garage is just around the corner of the Federal Building. There are plenty of other parking lots in the neighborhood.
Due to beefed up security measures in all federal buildings, all public visitors are required to pass through several stages of electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)