This page provides information about the IRS Office Lynchburg location.
IRS Office Lynchburg – 1101 Court St. Lynchburg, VA 24504
Lynchburg IRS Office is located in a busy downtown area. The building is shared by another federal agency other than Internal Revenue Service, the US Probation & Parole Office. There are many federal and non-federal offices in close periphery like the United States Postal Service, Lynchburg Area Food Bank, Central Virginia Area Agency, Lynchburg Historical Foundation, Lynchburg General District Court and Central VA Criminal Justice etc. James River and Lynchburg Expressway run very close to this building.
West on Carrington Road: Head southeast on Langhorne Road toward Carolline Street/Hillcrest Avenue. There should be a traffic circle ahead, take the 3rd exit onto Park Avenue. Then continue straight onto Kemper Street. After a while, turn left onto 12th Street. Take a left turn onto Court Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
North on Lynchburg Expressway: Head southwest on US-29 BUS S. Take exit 1 for Main Street toward Downtown/Riverfront. After a quarter mile, turn left onto Main Street. Little while later, turn left onto 12th Street. Finally, make a right turn at the 2nd Cross Street onto Court Street. The IRS Office compound will be on the left.
South on Lynchburg Expressway: Head north on US-29 BUS N. Take exit 1A for Main Street toward Riverfront/Downtown. Then, take a right turn onto Main Street. After a while, turn left onto 12th Street. Take a final right turn at the 2nd cross street onto Court Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm with a one-hour lunch break at noon, from 11.30 am to 12.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (434) 109-6259
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
The office has on-premises parking facility, which may or may not be available. There are parking spaces available at the shopping malls and grocery stores nearby, like valley Mart, Virginia ABC and Lynchburg Community Market. Metered parking streets are available within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card at the entrance is required to confirm identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments