This page provides information about the IRS Office Macon location.
IRS Office Macon – 435 2nd Street, Macon, GA 31201
At the busy downtown of Macon city, the IRS Office is located in a 6 story low rise office space. The building is used for different business locations, including federal and non-federal offices. Nearby business locations are US Congressman Jim Marshall, Macon-Bibb County Planning and Zoning Commission Southern Trust Building, City of Macon, Goodman Emmett L Jr LLC, US District Courts etc. Plenty of diners are situated in the area.
East on Interstate 16: Head northwest on Interstate 16 W. Take exit 1B for GA-22/2nd Street toward GA-129/Macon. Take a right turn onto 2nd Street, then continue straight onto 2nd Street. The IRS Office building will be on the right after a while.
West on Hardeman Avenue: Head east on Hardeman Avenue toward Arlington Pl. Continue straight onto Washington Avenue, then continue onto Poplar Street. Turn left onto 2nd Street and follow the signs. The IRS Office building will be on the left.
North on US-129: Head southwest on US-129S toward Mitchell Street. Turn left onto 2nd Street, and continue on this road straight. Keep looking for IRS Office signs, the building will be on the right.
South on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard: Head northwest toward Broadway. Then, turn right at the 1st cross street onto Broadway. Continue onto Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard then turn left onto Pine Street. After a while, turn right onto 2nd Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (478) 752-6770
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
No public parking facility is provided for the visitors to this place. Metered parking streets are on the two sides of this building. Few commercial parking lots and garages are available within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card at the entrance is required for identity and appointment confirmation.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments