This page provides information about the IRS Office Melbourne FL location.
IRS Office Melbourne – 1232 Sarno Road, Melbourne, FL 32935
Monday-Friday – 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
(Closed for lunch noon – 1 p.m.)
This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at your local IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
All public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
Free parking is available on premises.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
If you've visited this office, feel free to leave a comment about any tips you have for other visitors. If any information on this page was incorrect, please let us know in the comment below so we can correct it.
7 thoughts on “IRS Office Melbourne”
im trying to make a apointment with the irs but i cant reach anyone. How do i make a apointment?
If you need to make an appointment with the local TAC office, you have to call 1-844-545-5640. If you’re unable to make it through, try calling on different days and times.
I am trying to find out if the IRS is processing mail in returns. I mailed my return in late march and when I check irs.gov it says they have no return on file.
Yes, it states on their website that they are are not currently able to process individual paper tax returns. If you already have filed via paper but it has not yet been processed, do not file a second tax return or write to the IRS to inquire about the status of your return or your Economic Impact Payment. Paper returns will be processed once processing centers are able to reopen.