This page provides information about the IRS Office Memphis location.
IRS Office Memphis – 22 N. Front Street, Memphis, TN 38103
The Memphis IRS Office is situated in the historic Falls Building at Front Street, Memphis. The Falls Building sits at the corner of Front Street and Monroe. The Falls Building was built in 1911 and was placed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
East on Union Avenue: Head west on Union Avenue toward S 4th Street. Continue straight for a while, then turn right onto S Front Street. The Falls Building will be on the right.
North on Bass Pro Drive: Head south toward Riverside Drive. Continue for a while, then turn left onto Jefferson Avenue. After a while turn right onto N Front Street. The Falls Building will be on the left.
South on Bass Pro Drive: Head south toward Riverside Drive. Continue driving on this road, then take a left turn onto Jefferson Avenue. Finally turn right onto N Front Street. The Falls Building will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (901) 215-9680
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Memphis IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This office does not offer parking for visitors to The Falls Building. Metered street parking is adjacent to the building. Premium Parking and P2701 are two commercial parking places located within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to pass through multiple levels of electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required for confirmation of identity and appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
This office provides Facilitated Self Assistance (FSA), a self-assistance computer kiosk with an IRS employee available to assist you with navigating the IRS.gov website. With FSA, you can access the IRS.gov website to complete a number of IRS-related tasks or get more information on the following subjects:
- Free File program
- Forms & Publications
- Where’s My Refund?
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Tax law questions
- Online Employer Identification Number (EIN) Application
- Online Payment Agreement
- Electronic payments (Direct Pay and EFTPS)