This page provides information about the IRS Office Memphis location.
IRS Office Memphis – 22 N. Front Street, Memphis, TN 38103
The Memphis IRS Office is situated in The Falls Building at Front Street, Memphis. The Falls Building is historically very important as it was built more than a 100 years ago. The Falls Building sits conveniently at the corner of Front Street and Monroe. It was built in 1911 as an office for the cotton brokers. The Falls Building was placed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. Some important tenants on this building are T. Bailey Law Office, CHP International, Seedco, Greater Memphis Chamber etc. Some neighboring business locations are Spring Hill Suits by Marriott Memphis, Sleep Inn At Court Square, P2701 Parking Garage, Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, Cossitt Library etc. Plenty of good eating places are nearby within walking distance.
East on Union Avenue: Head west on Union Avenue toward S 4th Street. Continue straight for a while, then turn right onto S Front Street. The Falls Building will be on the right.
North on Bass Pro Drive: Head south toward Riverside Drive. Continue for a while, then turn left onto Jefferson Avenue. After a while turn right onto N Front Street. The Falls Building will be on the left.
South on Bass Pro Drive: Head south toward Riverside Drive. Continue driving on this road, then take a left turn onto Jefferson Avenue. Finally turn right onto N Front Street. The Falls Building will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (901) 215-9680
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office does not offer free parking facility for the visitors to The Falls Building. Metered street parking is adjacent to the building. Premium Parking and P2701 are two commercial parking places located within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to pass through multiple levels of electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required for confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
This office provides Facilitated Self Assistance (FSA), a self-assistance computer kiosk with an IRS employee available to assist you with navigating the IRS.gov website. With FSA, you can access the IRS.gov website to complete a number of IRS-related tasks or get more information on the following subjects:
- Free File program
- Forms & Publications
- Where’s My Refund?
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Tax law questions
- Online Employer Identification Number (EIN) Application
- Online Payment Agreement
- Electronic payments (Direct Pay and EFTPS)