This page provides information about the IRS Office Merrillville location.
IRS Office Merrillville – 233 E. 84th Drive, Merrillville, IN 46410
The Merrillville IRS Office is located at the 84th Avenue, very close to the highway 53. Also, it is a busy business area in the city with plenty of offices, business centers, educational institutes and good diners all around. The office strikes with its beige façade and outstanding architectural design although the building is quite small. Apart from the IRS, Dr. Richar Beck and SAFY of Indiana are two other important tenants at this compound. Farmers Insurnace – Alicia Randin, LabCorp, Cender and Company, Fifth Third Bank & ATM, DirectBuy, Tumi Medical Center etc. are some nearby business locations.
East on 80th Avenue: Head west on 80th Avenue. Turn left onto Broadway using the 2 lanes in the left. Then turn left again onto E 84th Avenue. Finally turn right at the 1st cross street onto Connecticut Street. The IRS Office building will be on the left.
West on 93rd Avenue: Head east on E 93rd Avenue toward Van Buren Street. Turn left onto Broadway using the left 2 lanes, then take a right turn onto E 84th Avenue. Finally turn right at the 1st cross street onto Connecticut Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
North on Interstate 65: Head south and exit from I-65 through 253 for US-30 toward Merrillville. Turn right onto US-30W then at the 1st cross street, turn left onto Rhode Island Street. After little over half a mile later take a left turn onto E 81st Street and continue to follow, then turn right onto E 84th Avenue. Finally take a left turn onto Connecticut Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
South on Broadway: Head north on Broadway toward E 93rd Avenue. Turn right onto E 84th Avenue, then turn right at the 1st cross street onto Connecticut Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (219) 736-4378
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office provides on-premises public parking facility for the visitors to this compound.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required for confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments