This page provides information about the IRS Office Milwaukee location.
IRS Office Milwaukee – 211 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53203
The Milwaukee IRS Office is located in the downtown of the city, one of the busiest areas. The Federal Building and Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown is just around the corner of this IRS Office building. The IRS Office is located by the corner of W Wisconsin Avenue and North 2nd Street. Many federal offices located in Milwaukee are located close to this IRS Office, and to name some other notable business locations here – Warner Grand Theatre, Kaplan University, UWM College for Kids & Teens, CA of Metropolitan Milwaukee, The Riverside Theater, Milwaukee School of Engineering etc.
West on Interstate 94: Head east on Interstate 94E. Take the right 2 lanes to exit 310B for Interstate 43 N toward Green Bay. Keep right to continue on Exit 72C, then follow signs for Killbourn Avenue. Turn right onto N 6th Street and follow signs for 6th Street S. Finally, turn left onto W Wisconsin Avenue. The IRS Office will be on the right on this road.
North on Interstate 43: Head south on I-43 S and take exit through 72B for Interstate 794 E toward Lakefront. Keep right on this road to continue on Exit 1D and follow signs for Plankinton Avenue and merge onto N Plankinton Avenue. Finally, take a left turn onto W Wisconsin Avenue. The IRS Office will be on the left.
South on I-43N/I-94W: Head north on I-43N/I-94W and take exit 310C for I-794 E toward Lakefront. Continue on Exit 1D and follow signs for Plankinton Avenue. Keep right to stay on Exit 1D, follow signs for Plankinton Avenue and merge onto N Plankinton Avenue. Finally, turn left onto W Wisconsin Avenue. The IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (414) 231-2100
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office does not offer public parking facilities. There are metered parking streets nearby, and a commercial parking lot Secure Parking 2nd/Michigan Lot is around the block. There are few other commercial parking lots/garages within walking distance.
All public visitors must pass through multiple levels of electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is mandatory for confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)