This page provides information about the IRS Office Minot location.
IRS Office Minot – 100 1st St. SW, Ste. 101, Minot, ND 58701
The Minot IRS Office is located in a busy downtown location with highways, railroads and rivers running by nearby. The building where the IRS Office is located is a 3-story compound, goes by the name Judge Bruce M. Van Sickle Federal Building and United States Courthouse. The building is U-shaped and occupies a 150 feet square-feet area. The postal office operations were relocated away from this building in 1961, but the building remained operational with other federal offices. Oscar Wenderoth, a US Treasury Supervisory Architect is the designer of this building. This building’s design was finalized by 8th November, 1913 and the construction finished by 12th June, 1915 and remained to be one of the finest architectural structure in the city ever since. Occupants of this building are the IRS, Cnv Services Co, County Government Office, Senator Kent Conrad’s Office, and US Fire Management Office. Some of the important locations adjacent to this Federal Building are Wells Fargo Bank, Minot Public Library, Restore Thrift Store, Minot Municipal Auditorium, Minot Police Department, Taube Museum of Art, Railroad Museum etc.
East on E Burdick Expressway: Head west on 4th Avenue SE/E Burdick Expressway toward 5th Street Southeast. Upon arrival, take a right turn onto 1st Street Southwest. The Federal Building will be on the left.
West on Western Avenue SW: Head north on Western Avenue SW toward 4th Avenue Southwest. Take a right turn to stay on Western Avenue Southwest. Continue driving and keep right to stay on the very same 2nd Avenue Southwest. Then, upon arrival, turn left onto 1st Street Southwest. The Federal Office will be on the left.
North on N Broadway: Head south on N Broadway toward 4th Avenue NW. Upon arrival, turn left onto 1st Avenue Southwest. Then, take a right turn at the 1st cross street onto 1st Street Southwest. The Federal Building will be on the right.
South on South Broadway: Head north on S Broadway toward 7th Avenue Southwest. Take a right turn onto 2nd Avenue Southwest. Some hundred feet later, take a left turn at the 1st cross-street onto 1st Street Southwest. The Federal Building will be on the left.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (701) 839-7741
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
Like most other Federal Buildings, getting a free parking spot inside the premise is not guaranteed. Street parking and commercial parking facilities are available within walking distance.
All Federal Buildings have beefed up security measures. All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointment(s) prior to visiting, by calling the numbers provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Assistance with questions about tax law changes in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is available year-round. See Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for more information.
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)
*Does not accept cash payments