This page provides information about the IRS Office Missoula location.
IRS Office Missoula – 2681 Palmer Street, Missoula, MT 59808
The Missoula IRS Office is located in a building with striking and distinctive outlook, the 2-story building with tally styled rooftop sure makes its presence known to those who drive-by. The building is the home to many federal offices, namely Adult Protective Services, Driver License Station, Highway Patrol Division, Justice Department – Gambling Control, Mt Department of Agriculture, Senior & Long Term Care Department, and Western Montana Chapter. Locations close to this office are Child & Family Services Department, Quality Maintenance Enterprises, Botanie Soap, Edgewood Vista, PayneWest Insurance, Northwest Farm Credit Services, Park Side Credit Union, Chid Support Enforcement, Missoula City Public Assistance, Public Health & Human Services Department etc. South to the Palmer Street, the office is very conveniently located in-between W Broadway Street and Latimer.
East on Broadway Street: Head west on W Broadway Street toward Byron Street. After reaching the Palmer Street cross-street, take a left turn onto Palmer Street. The IRS Office will be on the left after one quarter mile.
West on Flynn Lowney Ditch: Head east on Fast 263/Mullan Road toward Hiawatha Road. Upon arrival, take a left turn onto Great Northern Avenue. A quarter mile later, turn right onto Palmer Street and the IRS Office will be on the right after a quarter mile.
North on North Reserve Street: Head south on North Reserve Street. Drive straight until the Palmer Street arrives on the left. Take a left turn onto Palmer Street, after almost half a mile the IRS Office will be on the right.
South on North Reserve Street: Head north on N Reserve Street toward River Road. Upon arrival, turn right onto Palmer Street and after half a mile, the IRS Office will be on the right.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 11.30 am to 12.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (406) 728-9127
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office provides public parking facility for the employees and visitors to this office. Commercial parking arrangements are also available within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment and security screening procedures. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointment(s) prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)
*Does not accept cash payments