This page provides information about the IRS Office Nashville location.
IRS Office Nashville – 801 Broadway, Nashville, TN 37203
The Nashville IRS Office is situated in the popularly known Estes Kefauver Federal Building and US Courthouse. Construction of this building had begun in 1948 and by 1952 the building was occupied. David Allan Thorn was the supervising architect of this nine-story building. This Federal Building was designed by the Nashville Firm of Marr and Holman and named after Tennessee Senator Estes Kefauver who server the US House of Representatives between 1939 and 1949. US General Administration, US Food & Nutrition Services, US Army Corps of Engineers, IRS and few other federal agencies are the major tenants on this Federal Building. First Center for the Visual Arts, West End Insurance, First Lutheran Church, TBF Computing etc. are some nearby business locations.
East on Hermitage Avenue: Head west on Hermitage Avenue toward Decatur Street then turn left onto Korean Veterans Boulevard. Up ahead at the traffic circle, exit through the 1st exit onto 8th Avenue South. Finally, turn left onto Broadway and the IRS Office will be on the left.
West on Charlotte Avenue: Head east on Charlotte Avenue toward 24th Avenue North. Turn right onto 10th Avenue North, then take a left turn onto Broadway. The annex building will be on the right.
North on Interstate 40: Head southeast on I-40E/I-65S and exit through 209B for US-70S/US-431 toward Demobreum Street. The road eventually merges onto 14th Avenue North. After a while, turn left onto Broad. The annex building will be on the right.
South on Interstate 65: Head north and follows signs for I-40W. Exit through 209A for US-70 and merge onto the right lane using the lane in the right, then onto 13th Avenue S. After a while turn right onto Broadway and the IRS Office compound will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (615) 250-5656
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office does not provided on-premises public parking facility for the visitors to this office. Metered parking streets are adjacent to the building and there are many commercial parking lots and garages within walking distance.
All public visitors must pass through multiple levels of electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is mandatory for gaining access to the building and confirmation of appointment.
All public visitors must take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)