This page provides information about the IRS Office Newark location.
IRS Office Newark – 20 Washington Place, Newark, NJ 07102
The IRS Office at Newark is located in a Federal Building at Washington Place. The office is located exactly south to Washington Park, at a very accessible location. Public or private transportation are the main means of reaching at this destination. The locations is a busy downtown with important locations nearby like Newark Museum, Fire Museum, St. Patrick’s Pro-Cathedral, Rutgers-Newark School of Public Affairs and Administration etc.
East on Harrison Avenue: Head west on Harrison Avenue toward Dey Street. Continue onto Bridge Street and after a while, turn left onto NJ-21 South. Continue for few hundred feet and upon arrival, turn left onto NJ-21. Then, turn slightly right onto Lombardy Place and after a while turn right again onto Lombardy Street. 200 feet later, turn left onto Broad Street. Finally turn right onto Washington Place and continue, the IRS Office compound will be on the left.
West on Central Avenue: Head east on Central Avenue toward Hoyt Street. Turn left onto Washington Street and continue for a while. Then, turn right onto Washington Place. The IRS Office will be on the right.
North on Broad Street: Head south on Broad Street toward Grant Street. Turn right onto Washington Place. The IRS Office compound will be on the left on this street.
South on Broad Street: Head northeast on Broad Street toward Bank Street. Continue for a while then turn left onto Washington Place. The IRS Office will be on the left on this street.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (973) 645-5543
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office does not provide on-premises public parking facility for the visitors to this office. However, the office compound is surrounded by parking meters in all directions. Also, Edison ParkFast is just across the street on south, it is a parking garage.
All public visitors are required to walk through multiple stages of electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card at the entrance is mandatory to confirm identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments