This page provides information about the IRS Office Newark location.
IRS Office Newark – 20 Washington Place, Newark, NJ 07102
The IRS Office at Newark is located in a Federal Building in downtown Washington Place. The office is located just south of Washington Park. Other buildings nearby include Newark Museum, Fire Museum, St. Patrick’s Pro-Cathedral, Rutgers-Newark School of Public Affairs and Administration etc.
East on Harrison Avenue: Head west on Harrison Avenue toward Dey Street. Continue onto Bridge Street and after a while, turn left onto NJ-21 South. Continue for few hundred feet and upon arrival, turn left onto NJ-21. Then, turn slightly right onto Lombardy Place and after a while turn right again onto Lombardy Street. 200 feet later, turn left onto Broad Street. Finally turn right onto Washington Place and continue, the IRS Office compound will be on the left.
West on Central Avenue: Head east on Central Avenue toward Hoyt Street. Turn left onto Washington Street and continue for a while. Then, turn right onto Washington Place. The IRS Office will be on the right.
North on Broad Street: Head south on Broad Street toward Grant Street. Turn right onto Washington Place. The IRS Office compound will be on the left on this street.
South on Broad Street: Head northeast on Broad Street toward Bank Street. Continue for a while then turn left onto Washington Place. The IRS Office will be on the left on this street.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at an IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This office does not provide on-premises public parking facility for the visitors to this office. However, metered parking is available around the building. Also, Edison ParkFast, a parking garage, is just across the street heading south.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments