This page provides information about the IRS Office Norfolk location.
IRS Office Norfolk – 200 Granby Street, Norfolk, VA 23510.
The IRS Office at Norfolk is located in the Norfolk Federal Building. This is an eight story low rise building and the height of this building is 33 meters. Construction of this building ended in 1979 and some further renovations were done in 1996. Originally the building had red façade which was replaced later with white concrete. Major tenants on this federal building other than IRS are ATF Norfolk, US Coast Guard and US Labor Department. Some of the nearby locations are Norfolk Police Chief Station, City of Norfolk Fire Rescue, Norfolk Interagency Consortium, Norfolk City Historic Marker etc.
East on I-264: Head west on I-264. Take the right lane to stay on I-264, then take exit 10 to merge onto City Hall Avenue. Take a right turn onto Granby Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
North on Llewellyn Avenue: Head south and keep left to stay on Llewellyn Avenue. Continue straight onto Boush Street, then take a left turn onto West Tazwell Street. Finally, turn right onto Granby Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
South on City Hall Avenue: Head north on I-264E. Take exit 9 for St Pauls Blvd toward Waterside Drive and take the left lane to continue toward Market Street. Continue onto this road, then turn left onto St. Pauls Blvd and shortly afterwards, turn right onto City Hall Avenue. Finally, turn right onto Granby Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (757) 213-3888
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
No public parking facility is provided on-premises. However, metered parking streets are attached to the building; free and commercial parking lots are available within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required to confirm identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments