This page provides information about the IRS Office Norfolk location.
IRS Office Norfolk – 208 N. Fifth Street, Norfolk, NE 68701
The IRS Office at Norfolk is located between Prospect Avenue and Braasch Avenue, and N 4th Street and N 5th Street, in a one story building. Other offices nearby include First National Bank, Great Western Bank, The Salvation Army Thrift Store, Norfolk City Police Department, State of Nebraska Probation Office, City Square Park, Norfolk Arts Center, Norfolk Public Library, and US Bank Branch etc.
East on E Norfolk Avenue: Head south toward E Norfolk Avenue. Upon arrival at the E Norfolk Avenue, turn right onto E Norfolk Avenue. Almost a mile later, turn right onto N 5th Street. The IRS Office will be on the right on this road.
West on Norfolk Avenue: Head east on W Norfolk Avenue toward South 16th Street. Continue straight and stay on W Norfolk Avenue. Upon arrival at the North 5th Street, turn left onto this road. After a while, the IRS Office will be on the right on this road.
North on Johnny Carson Boulevard: Head south on N 13th Street/Johnny Carson Boulevard toward Maple Avenue. Take a left turn onto W Norfolk Avenue and continue straight on W Norfolk Avenue. Finally, turn left onto N 5th Street and continue for a while. The IRS Office will be on the right.
South on Johnny Carson Boulevard: Drive on the S 13th Street/Johnny Carson Boulevard and then continue towards N 13th Street/Johnny Carson Boulevard. Then, follow W Norfolk Avenue to N 5th Street. After quarter to a mile, upon arrival at the N 5th Street, turn left onto N 5th Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at your local IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
All public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This office provides on-premises public parking facility for the visitors and the employees who work in the offices at this compound.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments