This page provides information about the IRS Office Norwalk location.
IRS Office Norwalk – 761 Main Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06851
The Norwalk IRS Office is located right by the Norwalk River. It is a small office located in a two story compound with some other businesses in the same. There are 2 buildings on this lot with 9 units, and the overall land area is 21.34 acres. Some business on this compound are ICR, All Smiles, and Source Marketing. Other businesses nearby are Wells Fargo Bank, Banks of America Financial Center, LA Fitness, Agron’s Barbershop, Metro Swim Shop, and First County Bank.
East on Kensett Avenue: Head west on Kensett Avenue toward Kensett Ridge. Then, turn left onto US-7S/Danbury Road. After a while, the IRS Office compound will be on the round.
West on Grist Mill Road and Main Avenue: Head east on Grist Mill Road toward Old Belden Hill Road. Turn left onto Main Avenue and continue for half a mile. Then the IRS Office will be on the left.
North on Us-7S: Head south on US-7S/Danbury Road toward Grumman Hill Road. The IRS Office compound will be on the right, keep looking.
South on Main Avenue: Head north on Main Avenue toward valley View Road. The IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 11.30 am to 12.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (203) 840-4195
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This compound has on-premises public parking lot for the visitors and tenants.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments