IRS Office Oakland CA
This page provides information about the IRS Office Oakland location.
IRS Office Oakland – 1301 Clay Street, Oakland, CA 94612
The Oakland IRS Office is located in Ronald V. Dellums Federal Building and US Courthouse. There are two low-rise towers that are interconnected by a bridge. Few public artworks are curated by the Federal Building authority. Permanent sculptures by artists like Oliver Jackson, Rolf Kirken and Joseph Di Stefano are displayed outside in the Clay Street Plaza. The building was built in 1993 and named after the 48th mayor of the city. This building has received The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY) International Award in Federal Building Category in three consecutive years – 1996, 1997 and 1998.
East on Interstate 580: On MacArthur Freeway, take the exit 19D to Brush Street. Commuters on Interstate 980 can take the 18th street exit for Brush Street. Continue on Brush Street for half a mile and take the 14th Street to Clay Street.
West on Interstate 880: Towards 5th street, take exit 42 and continue on 5th Street. Take the Martin Luther King Jr Way to Clay Street. Continue for a mile.
North on Interstate 980: Continue on Grove Shafter Freeway and take the 18th exit for Brush Street. Continue on Brush Street and take the 14th Street to Clay Street.
South on Interstate 880: Stay on Nimitz Freeway and head northwest. Keep on the right lane to take exit 42A for I-980 toward CA-24 or Walnut Creek. Keep right and take exit 1A, then keep following signs for 11th Street or 14th Street. Turn right onto 11th Street and then turn left at the 3rd cross street onto Clay Street.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (510) 907-5000
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
General public parking is not offered on the building compound. Metered parking streets are available within walking distance. Commercial parking lots charge a minimum of $1.5/30 min.
All public visitors are required to pass through modern electronic security equipment. Anything that could be used as a weapon is not allowed inside.
Visitors need to make appointments prior to visiting, by calling the contact number provided above. Service may not be offered without an appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)