This page provides information about the IRS Office Ogden location.
IRS Office Ogden – 324 25th Street, Ogden, UT 84401
The IRS Office at Ogden is located in the James V. Hansen Federal Building. It is a 7 story low rise federal office building, initially built as the United States Court House in the Modernist Style. With an extended plaza in front of the south entrance, and two fountains – the first impression is striking. Construction of this building took place between 1963 and 1965, by Keith W. Wilcox and Associates. This building is named after James Vear Hansen, who was born in August 14, 1932 and was a Republican member of the United States House of Representatives from Utah. Among many other federal agencies in this building, the important ones are IRS, US Forestry Department, US Social Security Administration and US Marshals Services. The James V. Hansen Federal Building is located in the downtown location. Some of the nearby locations are District Court, Ogden Justice Court, Ogden Amphitheater, City Hall Park, Ogden City Corp, Ogden Municipal Building, Key Bank and Utah DMV Ogden Office etc.
East on 24th Street: Head west on 24th Street toward Van Buren Avenue. Look out for Washington Boulevard and upon arrival, turn left onto Washington Boulevard. Then, turn right at the 1st cross-street onto 25th Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
West on 24th Street: Head east on W 24th Street toward C Avenue. Look out for Grant Avenue, and turn right onto Grant Avenue. After a while, turn left onto 25th Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
North on Washington Boulevard: Head south on Washington Boulevard toward park Boulevard. Turn right onto 25th Street, after a while the IRS Office will be on the right.
South on Wall Avenue: Head north on Wall Avenue toward 32nd Street. Upon arrival at the 25th Street junction, turn right onto 25th Street. The IRS Office will be on the left after a while.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 12 pm to 1 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (801) 626-0753
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
There is no on-premises public parking facility for the visitors. Metered street parking is adjacent to the building, and some commercial parking lots/garages are available within walking distance.
All public visitors must pass through several electronic security equipment checkpoints. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors must take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments