IRS Office Omaha – 1616 Capitol Avenue, Omaha, NE 68102
The Omaha IRS Office is located at the Edward Zorinsky Federal Building in downtown Omaha, in between N 16th and 17th Street, and Davenport Street and Capitol Avenue.
East on I-480 W: Head west on I-480 West and leave the highway using exit 3 for 14th Street toward Old Market District/Creighton University. Then, take a left turn onto N 14th Street. Quarter mile later, turn right onto Capitol Avenue. After another quarter mile, the Federal Building will be on the right.
West on Dodge Street: Head east on Dodge Street toward N 31st Avenue. This road would continue towards right and become S 31st St/Douglas Street. After a while, take a left turn onto S 17th Street. Shortly afterward, take a right turn at the 2nd cross street onto Capitol Avenue. The Federal Building will be on the left.
North on US-75: Drive south on US-75 and look for I-480E exit, turn left onto this exit upon arrival. Then use the 2nd from right lane to take exit 2D for for 20th Street/Capitol Avenue toward Auditorium. At the fork ahead, keep on the left lane and follow the signals for Capitol Avenue. Keep driving straight, on the Capitol Avenue the Federal Building will be on the left.
South on I-480E: Head north on I-480E and use the left 2 lanes to stay on I-480 East. At the fork ahead, keep left and follow signs for the I-480 toward Downtown Omaha. Almost a mile later, use the 2nd from the left lane to take exit 2D for 20th Street/Capitol Avenue toward Auditorium. Before the fork, take the left and follow signs for Capitol Avenue. Continue straight on this road, the Federal Building will be on the left.
Monday through Friday, from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at your local IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
All public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
Public parking may be limited here. However, commercial parking lots and garages are available within walking distance. Also, street parking is available around the building.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments