This page provides information about the IRS Office Overland Park location.
IRS Office Overland Park – 6717 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Overland Park, KS 66202
The IRS Office at Overland Park is a small one-story building with open spaces in and out, located close to the highway 169. Despite being small, the Overland Park IRS Office is quite functional. Neighboring businesses are mostly different offices, but there are eateries, schools, hospitals, and other businesses as well. Some of them are Infant Toddler Services of Johnson, Cloverleaf Office Park, Power IT Corporation, Twin City Security, American Civil Liberties Union, JMW & Associates, Triple-I Corporation, Shawnee Mission District Office etc. Other tenants at the IRS Office property are ITEDIUM, PMA Engineering, and Portrait City Studios.
East on Shawnee Mission Parkway: Head west on W 63rd Street/Shawnee Mission Parkway toward Lamar Avenue. Take a left turn onto Glenwood Street, then turn right onto Frontage Road. Take two consecutive left turns, then the IRS Office will be on the left.
West on Shawnee Mission Parkway: Head east on Shawnee Mission Parkway toward Robinson Street. Upon arrival at the Glenwood Street, turn right onto it. After a while, turn right again onto Frontage Road. Then make an immediate left turn, and another one. The IRS Office will be on the left.
North on Metcalf Avenue: Head south on US-69S/Metcalf Avenue and continue to drive on this road. Upon arrival, turn left onto Frontage Road. Quarter miles later, turn right, then a left turn shortly afterwards. The IRS Office will be on the left.
South on Metcalf Avenue: Head north on Metcalf Avenue toward W 69th Terrace. Upon arrival at the Frontage Road, take a right turn onto this road. After a quarter mile, turn right, then take a left turn. The IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (816) 966-2840
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office offers on-premises public parking facility for the IRS visitors.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and security.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the numbers provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments