This page provides information about the IRS Office Owensboro location.
IRS Office Owensboro – 401 Frederica Street, Owensboro, KY 42301
The IRS Office at Owensboro is located in the central business district area, downtown. This IRS Office is located between the W 4th Street and W 5th Street, and Frederica Street and St Ann Street. There are many federal offices close to this office. Due to the presence of US District Court just behind the building, many lawyers have their chambers located in the area. Other than the district court, some nearby locations are US Postal Service, First Security Bank, Old National Bank, City Hall, Danhauer Drug Store, Home Services at the Home Depot, Studio 929 etc.
East on East Street: Head southeast on B and B Court toward KY-144. Continue on E 4th Street to Owensboro for nearly 2 miles. Then, continue on E 5th Street and turn right onto St Ann Street. Take a left turn onto Frederica Street, the IRS Office will be on the right.
West on W 4th Street: Head east on Henderson Road toward Industrial Drive. Continue onto W 4th Street. Look out for St Ann Street on the left, upon arrival turn right onto St Ann Street. Turn right onto Frederica Street, then the IRS Office will be on the right.
North on Glover Cary Bridge: Head south on Glover Cary Bridge and continue onto J R Miller Boulevard. Take a right turn onto E 5th Street. Quarter miles later, turn right at the 3rd cross-street onto St Ann Street. Shortly after, turn left onto Frederica Street. Turn right toward the IRS Office.
South on J R Miller Boulevard: Head north on J R Miller Boulevard toward E 17th Street. Upon arrival at the E 5th Street, turn left onto E 5th Street. Little while later, turn right at the 3rd cross-street onto St Ann Street. Turn left onto Frederica Street, then right toward the IRS Office.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 11.30 am to 12.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (270) 852-8490
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
There is an on-premises parking lot behind the IRS Office building.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments.